Research Associate Analytical Development/Product Characterization-Chromatography (Temporary)
Temporary Research Associate
Analytical Development/Product Characterization-Chromatography
About Audentes Therapeutics
Audentes Therapeutics is a leading AAV-based genetic medicines company focused on developing and commercializing innovative products for serious rare neuromuscular diseases. We are leveraging our AAV gene therapy technology platform and proprietary manufacturing expertise to develop programs across three modalities: gene replacement, vectorized exon skipping, and vectorized RNA knockdown. Our product candidates are showing promising therapeutic profiles in clinical and preclinical studies across a range of neuromuscular diseases. Audentes is a focused, experienced and passionate team driven by the goal of improving the lives of patients.
Audentes takes pride in strong, global relationships with the patient, research, and medical communities, and we take equal pride in carefully selecting our colleagues. If you believe you match what we're looking for, we'd love to hear from you. Our compensation philosophy embodies what you'd expect from an innovative life sciences employer competing for the best talent available.
Listed below is a current opening for which we are seeking smart, driven, experienced, and just plain nice people to join us in realizing Audentes' mission.
Contract position: Research Associate - Analytical Development/ Product Characterization-Chromatography. This position will be located in South San Francisco.
The specific responsibilities of this position include:
- Conduct experiments and help other scientists for the characterization of adeno associated viral nanoparticle for gene therapy products
- Run regular assays for particle/protein/DNA characterization (chromatography, electrophoresis, nanoparticle analysis)
- Develop assays or follow SOPs and run experiments according to guidelines.
- Assist in the writing, reviewing, and editing experimental procedures and reports
- Maintenance of accurate records of all analytical development activities
- Ability to analyze and determine the applicability of laboratory data to draw conclusions and to make appropriate recommendations
Required Education, Skills and Experience
- B.S. in Pharmaceutics, Chemistry, Biology or equivalent and 1+ years' biotech, pharmaceutical or life scences experience OR B.S. degree in any of the aforementioned disciplines with 2+ years' experience in biologics, pharmaceutical R&D environment,pertaining to characterization andor analytical development
- Hands on experience with SE-HPLC and RP-HPLC (Waters) for protein/DNA based product development, including HPLC trouble-shooting
- Good knowledge of Protein and DNA chemistry
- Strong computer skills including MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Demonstrated verbal and written skills in technical report and documents
- Commitment to Audentes' values: Be BOLD, Care deeply, #GetStuffDone
Preferred, Skills and Experience
- Working knowledge of Empower software, experience with Waters platform
- Knowledge and experience in protein based product development and characterization
- Knowledge of protein stability, degradation and aggregation testing
- Knowledge of protein formulation
- Experience in analytical method development and validation
|Posted on||16 Apr 2019|
|Location(s)||South San Francisco|
|Department||CMC Analytical Development|
|Career level||Experienced (non-management)|
|More details (document)|