Director/Senior Director, Facilities and Engineering
Director / Sr. Director, Facilities and Engineering
About Audentes Therapeutics
Audentes Therapeutics is a leading AAV-based genetic medicines company focused on developing and commercializing innovative products for serious rare neuromuscular diseases. We are leveraging our AAV gene therapy technology platform and proprietary manufacturing expertise to develop programs across three modalities: gene replacement, vectorized exon skipping, and vectorized RNA knockdown. Our product candidates are showing promising therapeutic profiles in clinical and preclinical studies across a range of neuromuscular diseases. Audentes is a focused, experienced and passionate team driven to improve the lives of patients.
Audentes leverages strong, global relationships with the patient, research, and medical communities, and we take pride in carefully selecting our colleagues. Listed below is a current opening for a smart, driven, experienced, and just plain nice individual who wants to join us on our journey.
The Director / Sr. Director, Facilities and Engineering plays a key role in our Technical Operations team. The Facilities Management Team at Audentes Therapeutics is committed to providing a safe and productive work environment while efficiently supporting all functions throughout the company. We are committed to a 'customer-focused' service approach to the design, construction, maintenance, and operation of all our Audentes facilities.
As the leader of facilities operations at Audentes, you will be responsible for leading and managing a team of facilities professionals to ensure all of Audentes' facilities and equipment are maintained to industry and regulatory standards. These include two facilities equaling ~200,000 sq. Ft in South San Francisco, our downtown San Francisco offices, and general support for a new commercial manufacturing facility (location not announced). You will also have responsibility for overseeing capital project management, site security, and plant/utility engineering. We are seeking a strong people leader with demonstrated success modeling and embracing behaviors that reflect Audentes' core values and mission.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience leading, scaling, and maturing a multi-site GMP facilities organization during periods of significant growth and change. In addition, this role requires a depth of experience and leadership in overall maintenance and calibration operations, capital project management, real estate management, space planning, and general site services (pest control, cleaning services, etc.). The facilities function at Audentes supports laboratories, GMP manufacturing operations, and general office operations.
This position will be based in our South San Francisco office.
- Provide leadership of Maintenance, Calibration, Plant Engineering, Site Security and other Site Services groups
- Hire, train, develop and leads a high performing team to achieve the Facility Services goals in support of the ongoing operations and periods of growth and expansion
- Establish goals and budgets, monitor performance and optimize the use of resources
- Initiate and sponsor quality improvement, efficiency improvement, and cost reduction programs
- Establish policies and procedures for all Facility Services functions and activities
- Establish and maintain preventive and corrective maintenance programs to minimize unplanned equipment and facility downtime and optimize life-cycle costs
- Ensure that all of Audentes' sites are well integrated with internal and external physical and regulatory infrastructures, including public utilities, land use, master planning, and permitting
- Directs the design, planning, construction and daily maintenance of Audentes' expanding facilities
- Oversees various contractors involved in a variety of facilities related projects
- BS/BA in engineering, business, or construction management or equivalent level of education and / or experience
- 15+ years of biopharmaceutical facilities/engineering experience including In-depth knowledge of facilities and utilities operations, maintenance, capital projects, real estate, as well as industry manufacturing facilities regulations and codes (e.g. cGMP/ FDA; OSHA; EPA; )
- 10+ years of managerial experience leading a multi-level, multi-site facilities and engineering function
- Demonstrated experience working on all aspects of capital projects, including budgeting, design, construction, validation, start-up and ongoing operations
- Strong customer service orientation and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of Quality Assurance (QA) and Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) standards including performing risk assessments and mitigation implementation
- Regulatory inspection experience (e.g. FDA, EMA, etc.)
- Experience with Building Management Systems, work order management systems (e.g. Blue Mountain), ERP systems, procurement, etc.
- Significant project management skills in all areas of facilities management
- Knowledge and experience with HVAC, electrical, plumbing and emergency power systems
- Ability to read and interpret architectural prints, job specifications
- Ability to travel up to 5% domestic and international
- Models our Core Values: Be Bold, Care Deeply, #GetStuffDone - is experienced as someone who exemplifies the culture we want to create; operates with transparency; is trusted
- Excellent and effective written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Proven experience growing and maturing a facilities organization in a rapidly expanding and fast-paced environment
- Strong project management experience
- Experience leading large capital projects (>$50M)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
|Posted on||14 Feb 2020|
|Location(s)||South San Francisco|
|Department||Facilities and Engineering|
|More details (document)|