Project Manager, Bioinformatics
Project Manager, Bioinformatics
About Audentes Therapeutics
Audentes Therapeutics is a leading AAV-based genetic medicines company focused on developing and commercializing innovative products for serious rare neuromuscular diseases. We are leveraging our AAV gene therapy technology platform and proprietary manufacturing expertise to develop programs across three modalities: gene replacement, vectorized exon skipping, and vectorized RNA knockdown. Our product candidates are showing promising therapeutic profiles in clinical and preclinical studies across a range of neuromuscular diseases. Audentes is a focused, experienced and passionate team driven by the goal of improving the lives of patients.
Audentes takes pride in strong, global relationships with the patient, research, and medical communities, and we take equal pride in carefully selecting our colleagues. If you believe you match what we're looking for, we'd love to hear from you. Our compensation philosophy embodies what you'd expect from an innovative life sciences employer competing for the best talent available.
Listed below is a current opening for which we are seeking smart, driven, experienced, and just plain nice people to join us in realizing Audentes' mission.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Research Operations, the Project Manager, Bioinformatics is responsible for providing project management support to the bioinformatics function. The Project Manager will work collaboratively with the various functional areas and ensure smooth and efficient operational implementation of functional goals. The successful candidate will be detail oriented and have superb organizational skills, with a proven track record in managing and driving project success within sequencing, diagnostics, or assay development labs in the biotech industry.
- Vendor Management including scoping work, requesting and managing proposals, finalizing contracts/MSAs, sample shipment management/documentation and tracking, managing reports and data transfers, and requesting POs and payments
- Maintaining project timelines and track deliverables
- Managing vendor meetings, including scheduling, developing agendas, writing minutes and supporting action item follow-up
- Manage pre-clinical Bioinformatics study reports including obtaining signatures, tracking timelines for each study, transferring of reports to appropriate stakeholders, archiving samples at repositories, and closely collaborating with our internal Pharmacology and Toxicology groups
- Assist and manage documentation requests for assay validation and qualification
- Implementing processes needed within bioinformatics
- Collecting, collating, and formatting meeting presentations and data from internal stakeholders, as necessary
- Communicates up, down, and across the organization; fosters open communications throughout the organization; is a good listener
- Models our Core Values: Be Bold, Care Deeply, #GetStuffDone- is experienced as someone who exemplifies the culture we want to create; operates with transparency; is trusted.
- Lead special projects as needed to support bioinformatics goals and activities
- Maintain standard tracking tools, and utilize PC/MAC software applications at the advanced level to include PowerPoint, Word, Excel
Required Education, Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of relevant biopharmaceutical industry experience with a focus on sequencing, assay development, and/or project management activities
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities and strong organizational skills
- Must be self-motivated, prioritize and manage a large volume of work, and show attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills with reputation for collaboration with colleagues
- Proven experience in supporting a diverse set of senior leaders in a high paced and dynamic organization
- Willing to travel between our San Francisco and South San Francisco offices on a weekly basis
- Demonstrated experience working with key external stakeholders including partners, and consultants
Preferred Skills and Experience
- BS/BA in Biology especially molecular biology, genetics or related discipline
- Project management certification
- Experience with a sequencing core lab, NGS-based diagnostics, and/or Illumina sequencing technology
- Experience with Box, Google Docs, or other systems for versioning and archiving files
- Past exposure to DNAnexus platform
|Posted on||24 Apr 2019|
|Career level||Experienced (non-management)|
|More details (document)|