Senior Director, Managed Markets
About Audentes Therapeutics
Audentes Therapeutics, an Astellas Company, is a leading AAV-based genetic medicines company focused on developing and commercializing innovative products for serious rare neuromuscular diseases. We are leveraging our AAV gene therapy technology platform and proprietary manufacturing expertise to develop programs across three modalities: gene replacement, vectorized exon skipping, and vectorized RNA knockdown. Our product candidates are showing promising therapeutic profiles in clinical and pre-clinical studies across a range of neuromuscular diseases. Audentes is a focused, experienced and passionate team driven to improve the lives of patients.
Audentes Therapeutics consists of a focused, experienced, and passionate team driven by the goal of improving people's lives. Every day, Audentes embraces its core values:
- Be BOLD: Find a way
- Care deeply: Patients, work, team
- #GSD: Get "stuff" done
Audentes leverages strong, global relationships with the patient, research, and medical communities, and we take pride in carefully selecting our colleagues. Listed below is a current opening for a smart, driven, experienced, and just plain get it done individual who wants to join us on our journey.
The Sr. Director, Managed Markets, will lead the Director of National Account team with responsibility for identifying and developing working relationships with key decision makers in the operations and management of payer coverage and access for medical benefits therapies at targeted National and Regional plans throughout the nation. This includes Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBMs), Managed Care Organizations (MCOs), State Medicaid, Hospital/Institutions, Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs), Federal Accounts, Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) and other emerging markets, as appropriate. This individual will be responsible for the design and implementation of the Managed Markets strategy, including potential contracting opportunities that would position Audentes current and future products in a favorable access position, maximizing profitability for the organization while preserving gross to net. The Sr. Director, Managed Markets will be intricately involved and placed in a position to influence the decision-making process at all levels, including Directors of Pharmacy, Medical, Clinical, Policy, and C-Suite executives. This individual will work closely with direct reports on account management and analysis to attain key objectives for the current and future Audentes gene therapy products. They will work closely with the SVP, Global Market Access on the implementation of short- and long-term business initiatives to ensure appropriate coverage, coding, and reimbursement within the specific managed market segments. Strong cross-functional leadership and collaboration with both internal and external stakeholders is essential in this role.
- Hire, train and develop Director National Accounts team with responsibility for key targeted national and regional commercial payers, including State Medicaid's within assigned geographies, in addition to institutions/hospitals where AT132 will be made available.
- Leadership position that is responsible for building, sustaining and continuously improving the organizations perception in the payer environment by delivering compelling presentations about Audentes, our work in rare, ultra-orphan neuromuscular conditions, and the manufacturing and development of novel gene therapy treatments that have disease modifying potential.
- Responsible for developing strong account relationships at all levels, including C-Suite executives, for the purpose of gaining appropriate access and maximizing sales of Audentes current and future product portfolio.
- Development and Implementation of the department strategic imperatives, brand planning and pull through, case management and cross functional collaboration that supports organizational goals through defined tactics and objectives to move payer decisions in a direction that continues to open access for the appropriate patients.
- Demonstrated knowledge of payer decision making for policy, coverage, coding and patient access to existing and future Audentes gene replacement therapy products.
- Expert level understanding of reimbursement process, specifically the medical benefit (buy and bill), Specialty Pharmacy, and outpatient inpatient infusion capabilities within assigned geography and targeted payer and institutional responsibilities.
- Support direct reports with expert level efficiency and ensure optimal pull through effectiveness for all patient support and access programs including HUB, distribution, co-pay support, PAP, and other access program offerings.
- Collaborate with Medical in the development, training, coordination and delivery of clinical presentations and value propositions with the goal of appropriate access within national and regional plans.
- Advocacy development with KOL's, families, and advocacy groups at the local, regional, and national levels to lobby for appropriate access and remove unreasonable barriers to treatment.
- Responsible for removing access barriers and making appropriate recommendations to senior leadership team to maximize revenue and profitability.
- Assess competitive market landscape and opportunities for improved or expanded market penetration and adoption.
- Compliantly lead case-management responsibilities with a high level of communication and coordination with all relevant field-based personnel that directly impacts patient gaining access to therapy.
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Business, Marketing or related technical field is required.
- A minimum of 15+ years pharmaceutical industry experience in sales, management, marketing, managed care or other relevant commercial function.
- Proven track record of success in building and leading high performing account management teams.
- Must have critical skill set to successfully collaborate across all relevant business units within the organization to establish strategies and plans aligned with the managed care execution of the overall corporate strategy.
- Ability to skillfully communicate and negotiate in tough situations with both internal and external customer, while working within an ever-changing managed markets, payer, and corporate environment.
- Project management skills (leading without authority), with the ability to handle multiple tasks, assignments, and business partners.
- Embrace Audentes culture and model work behaviors that are consistent with each of the company's core values: Be BOLD, Care Deeply, Get Stuff Done.
- Managed Care experience required with strong National and Regional Account Management within both commercial (private) and government (public) payer systems.
- Experience working in the Rare or Orphan space specifically with infused therapies is required. Gene Therapy experience a plus.
- Reimbursement, Specialty Pharmacy, Buy and Bill and coding experience is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to influence through the articulation of complex medical, managed care and financial concepts to various audiences.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to foster a culture of collaboration, continuous improvement and operational excellence.
- Proven and experienced leader with extensive strategic / tactical planning, execution and negotiation skills.
- 50% to 75% travel required
This Sr. Director, Managed Markets position is field based with regular home office visibility expected.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Audentes is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.
|Posted on||20 Feb 2020|
|More details (document)|