Director/Senior Director, Patient Access and HUB Services
About Audentes Therapeutics
Audentes Therapeutics, an Astellas Company, is a leading AAV-based genetic medicines company focused on developing and commercializing innovative products for serious rare neuromuscular diseases. We are leveraging our AAV gene therapy technology platform and proprietary manufacturing expertise to develop programs across three modalities: gene replacement, vectorized exon skipping, and vectorized RNA knockdown. Our product candidates are showing promising therapeutic profiles in clinical and preclinical studies across a range of neuromuscular diseases. Audentes is a focused, experienced and passionate team driven to improve the lives of patients.
Audentes Therapeutics consists of a focused, experienced, and passionate team driven by the goal of improving people's lives. Every day, Audentes embraces its core values:
- Be BOLD: Find a way
- Care deeply: Patients, work, team
- #GSD: Get "stuff" done
Audentes leverages strong, global relationships with the patient, research, and medical communities, and we take pride in carefully selecting our colleagues. Listed below is a current opening for a smart, driven, experienced, and just plain get it done individual who wants to join us on our journey.
The Sr. Director, Patient Access and HUB Services will report to the Senior Vice President of Market Access and is responsible for achieving all commercial objectives specific to optimizing Audentes relationships, effectiveness and execution of the Audentes access strategy with HUB, third party reimbursement providers. This role will have a high degree of engagement with a specialty distributor and specialty pharmacies and will lead a team of field-based reimbursement manager's ensuring timely access to therapy.
The role involves the direct supervision of internal field-based reimbursement manager's and external case managers located at the HUB, management of the company's hub vendor and all vendors for third party patient services (including labs, co-pay assist programs, etc.). The Senior Director is responsible for strategic development and oversight of reimbursement and patient services operations and for reporting on the team's efficiency, successes and challenges.
The Senior Director is responsible for efficient operations at the hub and specialty pharmacy and for ensuring teamwork among the company's strategic partners and internal staff, including Field Sales, National Account Directors, and Reimbursement Managers.
The Senior Director supervises the field reimbursement manager(s) and will coach, develop and evaluate performance and set goals of each of these personnel.
The Senior Director is responsible for ensuring excellent customer service to our patients, caregivers, physicians, nurses and sites of care as well as courteous and responsible management of outside strategic partners. Group goals are the following:
- Ensure that physicians, nurses, office staff and sites of care are educated on reimbursement criteria for Audentes product(s)
- Conduct an efficient insurance adjudication
- Support physician office staff or site of care with PAs, appeals, overrides LMN's, or any other waiver necessary to ensure access to therapy in a timely manner
- Maximize prescription adjudication efficiency
This exciting opportunity includes:
- Leading all HUB and Patient Service activities and services
- HUB Contract and Budget management
- Serve as liaison between field leadership, reimbursement managers and hub partner
- Lead and coordinate lab service programs
- Work in partnership with the Managed Markets team to secure reimbursement for patients
- Contribute to commercial and government account strategies
- Manage day-to-day relationship with HUB to ensure delivery of Audentes reimbursement and other support services
- Manage reimbursement managers, HUB and case managers to ensure patients have timely access to therapy through a rapid and positive insurance adjudication process
- Work closely with Quality, PV, Clinical and Medical Affairs organizations to ensure regulatory compliance and patient product safety
- Create, plan and maintain data transfer and reporting for all strategic partners and hub activities
- The successful candidate will have 7 - 10 years' experience in commercial biotech organizations specific to HUB design and execution with orphan products
- Understanding of the US regulatory and compliance environment and familiarity with HIPAA
- Strong reimbursement knowledge with the ability to problem solve quickly and efficiently
- Ability to effectively manage multiple and disparate personalities
- Proven ability to work with commercial and medical teams
- Ability to coordinate interdisciplinary teams (internal and external) to drive issues and projects to conclusion
- Strong understanding and commitment to customer service
- A high interest in working in a "roll up the sleeves" environment of a small bio-pharma company
- Prior experience as a case manager, nurse, or patient services professional a plus
- Scientific or nursing background a plus
- Excellent Project Management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in science or business. Advanced degree a plus.
- Strong presentation skills - translating data into actionable information
- Excellent Power Point and Excel skills - ability to develop a strong graphical message to report on the group's performance
- This is a field-based role. 10% - 25% travel required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Audentes is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.
|Posted on||18 Feb 2020|
|More details (document)|