Executive Director, Program Management
Executive Director, Program Management
About Audentes Therapeutics
Audentes Therapeutics is a leading AAV-based genetic medicines company focused on developing and commercializing innovative products for serious rare neuromuscular diseases. We are leveraging our AAV gene therapy technology platform and proprietary manufacturing expertise to develop programs across three modalities: gene replacement, vectorized exon skipping, and vectorized RNA knockdown. Our product candidates are showing promising therapeutic profiles in clinical and preclinical studies across a range of neuromuscular diseases. Audentes is a focused, experienced and passionate team driven to improve the lives of patients.
Audentes leverages strong, global relationships with the patient, research, and medical communities, and we take pride in carefully selecting our colleagues. Listed below is a current opening for a smart, driven, experienced, and just plain nice individual who wants to join us on our journey.
Reporting to the Vice President, Program Management, the Executive Director, Program Management is responsible for providing leadership for strategic planning and execution of up to 3 of the company's development programs. The Executive Director, Program Management will implement and manage a robust Core Team to drive development strategy and tactical execution of the assigned programs throughout their life cycle (discovery/acquisition - development and commercialization), ensuring alignment with the overall business strategy and driving achievement of Company goals. They will be responsible for leading the Core Team(s), with the goal of driving cross-functional coordination and communication and develop comprehensive proactive risk identification/mitigation strategies to ensure the program goals are successfully executed within agreed budgets and timelines. They will also work closely with the Company's key functional leaders and subject matter experts to ensure their functions are integrated and aligned with the core team initiatives and overall program goals. The Executive Director, Program Management will also take on management responsibilities within the Program Management Department, developing program managers and other PTLs. The position is based in our San Francisco offices.
- Foster leadership, strategic thinking, and business acumen while setting high standards that drive alignment, collaboration, accountability and goal achievement within project teams
- Facilitate decision-making, collaboration, and problem-solving with people at all levels of the organization to accomplish shared program goals
- Oversee ongoing development and maintenance of integrated cross-functional project plans including Target Product Profiles to enable accurate financial and portfolio analysis and planning
- Oversee all program management activities including planning, reporting, global risk assessment and mitigation, and lessons-learned
- Identify and champion best practices in Program Management, including the use of dashboards, templates, tools, and processes to drive efficiency, alignment, and effective planning
- Reporting and presentation of program information to the Executive Team, functional heads, and other key stakeholders
- Contribute to long-range planning (LRP) and budgetary planning at the program level
- Effectively manage multiple projects and responsibilities concurrently
- Management responsibilities for program manager and PTLs within the department
- BS degree in applicable discipline
- 12+ years Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry Program Management experience including 5+ years leading a cross functional core team and 5+ years in Rare Disease
- Demonstrated success leading multiple programs to goal achievement including development of complex drug development project strategy
- Demonstrated experience leading and motivating cross-functional teams
- Thorough understanding of drug development at all stages (pre-IND to commercialization)
- Track record of delivering in a fast-paced, innovative, dynamic environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient
- Outstanding influencing skills up, down and cross the organization including executive/senior management
- Excellent verbal and written communication and facilitation skills; history of communicating/presenting clearly and concisely; bringing issues to closure with both executive management and scientists
- Systemic thinker; anticipates and develops multiple, creative strategic solutions which incorporate in-depth overview of current / future view of overall portfolio and market. Reputation for innovative problem-solving with integrated view of business and scientific issues
- Models our Core Values: Be Bold, Care Deeply, #GetStuffDone - is experienced as someone who exemplifies the culture we want to create; operates with transparency; is trusted
- Advanced degree such as PhD, MBA or M.S. in applicable discipline
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
|Posted on||10 Sep 2019|
|More details (document)|